On Saturday April 25, False Profit, LLC and Missing Piece will present ALCHEMY, a live and interactive art and fashion event that turns the elements of your imagination to gold. Returning for its third year, Alchemy is packed with interactive art installations built to engage and amaze you: a collaborative live art event of carnivalesque proportions! Refashioning notions of standard art, the artists and participants will toy with and combine different mediums for unlikely results. Get there in time for the fashion show at 10pm, before the space fills up!
Interactive art installations include:
* Perceptron Project, your movements create the music
* Spontaneous Combustamotion, a reactive video installation
* Mr. Potato Friend, movable body part portraiture
* The Painted Lady, add to her beauty or add to yours
* Kinetic Sculptures, to crank and turn
* Phosphor Essence, multi-controller video feedback game
* Split Personality Reorder, add your thoughts into its head
* Live Painting, Balloon Games, Shrinky Dinks, Creative Writing, a Photo Booth, Face Painting, Prizes, Cotton Candy, and more!
* Don’t miss the “Solid Gold” fashion show by Missing Piece @ 10pm
The show features performance and alchemy-inspired fashion from San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Europe. Participants include: Mandeep Sethi, Laura Stokes, Bodhi Cole, Montree, Ivana Ristic, Fou Fou Ha!, Miranda Caroligne, Callibug Designs, Invisible Hero, Antiseptic Fashion, Chrystie Cappelli, and Missfortune Designs
Saturday, April 25th @ California Modern Art Gallery
1035 Market Street, SF
$15-20 at the door
i will certainly be in attendance, if not on the runway.Filed in art, bay area gems, events, fashion | Tagged with false profit, mirandacaroligne, missing piece | Comment (1)